- Mission & Vision -
To be a leading World-Class Christian Mission University, committed to raising a new generation of leaders in all fields of human endeavour.
To create knowledge and restore man’s dignity through human capacity building and total man concept driven curriculum employing affordable, leading edge, Open Distance teaching and learning methods, for integrated, life-applicable, life-transforming education.
The objectives of the programme are in line with the National Policy on Education (2004) which include to:
- Provide access to quality education and equity in educational opportunities for those who otherwise would have been denied;
- Meet special needs of employers by mounting special certificate courses for their employees at their work place;
- Encourage internationalization of tertiary education curricula;
- Ameliorate the effect of internal and external brain drain in the University by utilizing Nigerian expert teachers regardless of their location or places of work.
The concept of CODiL programme submits to the following principles:
- All qualified potential students will be admitted into the programme.
- Deployment of a wide range of distance training technology for a wide range of students.
- Delivery of quality education in an affordable and cost effective manner.
- Integration of Open and Distance Learning technology framework with the existing traditional face to face model.
- Prioritize new pedagogical approaches in the design and realization of educational process in Covenant University.
- Provision of dynamic student support services.
- Easy access to the various modes of educational processes.
- Constant update of CODiL educational services via continuous monitoring and evaluation.
- Capacity Building in open and distance learning delivery through regular staff training and development processes.